Friday, May 09, 2008

Super Fukt

My contractor, building my house. Is screwing me.
At the beginning, I asked, "suppose we save money or it doesn't cost as much as planned? The money we save will increase the contractors profit. How does this money get back into my pocket?
The contractor, who was my friend for years assured me he'd give me money back. I trusted him.
Well, the last draw from the bank gave him enough to finish the job, plus $12000 surplus. He said he could finish with that. Also there's $12000 surplus in other parts of the construction. Plus there's $23000 left in the bank. Plus everything I've looked at, I've been seriously overcharged for. (IE more surplus money in his pocket)
He wants it all, and with the contract, I have to give it to him. I asked my financial institution to protect me from this sort of thing, and I guess they haven't. But I'll be talking to them today and I'll see what they say. I figure I'm paying at least $48000 that isn't going to the house.
I'm an idiot I guess, stupid for trusting him. The OI Girl never liked him from the beginning.


I've got a lot of pics from my daytrip, they're still on my camera, but I'll post some soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

That plain sucks, MarkD! Have a good weekend anyway.

May 09, 2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger Mindie said...

Oh man, that sucks. I am the same way--too trusting. I've learned the hard way that you have to get EVERYTHING in writing when it comes to money.

May 10, 2008 12:04 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Ugh! I hope this works out for you. I've never built, bought or sold my own house. And from what others tell me, I'm darn lucky. Why do people have to be greedy?? Somewhere they'll get what they deserve.

May 12, 2008 6:15 PM  
Blogger Cindy N. said...

I have learned never to trust 'friends' when it comes to working for me. It just doesn't compute.

May 17, 2008 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home