Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bizarre Dream

Last night I dreamed I was dead.
I went to an outside broadcast for work, the event started and finished. When it was over, I realized I forgot to send it back to the station.
There were a lot of people there, dressed weird and weird looking. (Think 'Michael Jacksons "Thriller" video).
They told me I couldn't send the signal back to the station because I was dead, like they all were. I said I wasn't dead and they assured me I was.
It wasn't sad or scary, everyone was happy and fooling around and telling jokes.
I said I had to go to the bathroom, and someone told me it was upstairs down the hall and there was a sign that said 'The White Room' above the door.
I went upstairs and I was walking and walking down a long long hall, there were tons of weird looking people wearing weird clothes walking down the hall too. I was ready to give up on the bathroom, when I saw it, the sign that said "The White Room'. I went in, and the place was crowded. I walked around the edge of the room, looking for an empty stall but they were all full, and I could see gleaming eyes looking out through the crack of each one, like the people in there were scared and hiding.
Finally I peed in a urinal and left. There were a lot of people, standing around the bathroom, talking and joking and happy seeming. I walked around the crowd, out the door and back down the (all white) hall I came up before and headed back to where I started from.
Downstairs from the long hall, where the hall met the room, there were stairs with two steps, a right turn and a door, leading to the room. I walked down the steps, took the right and opened the door and I was back at the top of the two steps again. I went down again, opened the door, and again found myself back at the top of the two steps. This happened several times in my dream, then there was laughter and a voice saying they were just messing with me. I went down the stairs again, took the right, through the door and was back in the room I started in. It reminds me of an old west saloon.
I said I was leaving and I went outside with a whole group coming with me. I walked past my radio equipment, thinking how worthless it was here, wondering if I could use the telephone interface to communicate with the people who were still alive.
I went out to my Jeep and the people with me said the engine wouldn't start, because I was dead. I said I was going to try anyway. I turned the key and the engine started, but I couldn't breathe. I had the window open and my head out the window, but I still couldn't breathe. I turned off the engine and I could breathe again.
I got out of my car and looked around. The ground was muddy, and the leaves were brown on the trees. It was a gray light day. gloomy, but everyone was happy and joking and there was a good vibe in the air.
Also, you could see the ghosts of the trees. You could see like a transparent image of every tree that ever lived on that spot. Even indoors, you could see clearish trees standing where they stood before someone cut them down to build the structure. You could see all the trees that were ever there ever. You could walk right through them, and you wouldn't even notice them in the room unless you looked especially for them, but they were there, the ghosts of the trees.
It was like we were in the same time and place as the living, but we couldn't see them and they couldn't see us. Everyone was wearing the clothes they were wearing when they died, that's why a lot of people had on weird looking clothes. All the people who had ever died were where I was.
Everyone seemed happy, except the ones hiding in the bathroom stalls, they seemed terrified. Everyone was joking, and everyone got along great.
It was one of my weirdest dreams. And I remember it vividly. Even when I woke up, I knew that I would remember it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you either ate a pickle before going to sleep, or there are some good mushrooms in the Cayman Islands!!!

January 28, 2009 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you sure dream big. And weird too. I am just lucky if I remember a little snippet of a dream. So what do you think it meant?

January 31, 2009 1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a crazy dream. There are some that you will always remember for the rest of your life.

I once dreamt that it was Armageddon (except that I didn't know it was called that) where everything was in chaos - people I knew, places I knew. It was insanely dark and the only light came from an underground tunnel. As soon as you approached the tunnel, it turned firey, like the mouth of a dragon. All you could see was confusion, people that looked like they were lured and trapped and lo and behold, there as the devil, laughing it all. I didn't so much as see the devil, as much as I felt his presence. I woke up terrified!!!

I was maybe seven when I dreamt that...and I still remember it to this day.

January 31, 2009 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home