Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Scuba Expenses


Last week, I lost my camera, and bought a new one. In the past year, I've had 3 of my BC's break. My two spares went, one was pretty old and the other wasn't. Last weekend my personal BC broke, it was about 15 years old.
I guess it's time for a new one.
I've never been a Scubapro fan. Their older BC's look like the person who designed them never dived. The dump valves were in the middle of the BC, so you could never get the air out when diving, or the water out when rinsing it off afterwards. Asinine!
But since US Divers bought Seaquest, which was the best BC, Seaquest BC's suck, like US Divers BC's suck.
So now I need a BC, and it looks like the Scubapro Nighthawk is the only option.

I was told that scuba diving wasn't that expensive, after you got all your equipment, 28 years later, I still don't have all my equipment! It's always something else!

'Course, I'm not complaining. I have my rebreather and it has a BC built in, but I still need a BC for open circuit. This looks like the only BC on the market.

2 Comments:

Anonymous -Jeff said...

I've been diving with a steel backplate/harness w/ a tiny 22 lbs lift donut for recreational open circuit for years and love it. no bells, no whistles, and the weight is right over your lungs for perfect trim.

April 17, 2009 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Southern Sweetheart said...

um... i have no idea what any of that is but i do hope that you get whatever it is you need!!! :)

April 19, 2009 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home