Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Small World

My house is about two blocks from the dive resort. Every day on this vacation I walk to there, get on the boat, dive, go back to the resort, eat lunch there or walk home. Walk back at night to hang out and attend the lecture. Back and forth, several times a day.

Yesterday, several of my fellow divers wanted to go to town so we walked to my house, got in my car, and went. It was like "Wow!" I haven't been down here in a while! Just driving a couple miles from home seemed like an adventure.

Imagine everyone lived like that, making a living inside a small circle around their home. You would only interact with the people whose circles overlapped yours. I guess that's how it used to be but technology effectively makes everyones circles bigger.

For a while at least, I am liking living in the small world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mad Bull said...

Interesting look back. Yes sir, Tech sure has expanded our circles!

May 24, 2009 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home