Sunday, December 13, 2009

Orange Juice



I bought a half gallon of Tropicana 100% Pure Orange Juice. It tastes like candy! It tastes completely artificial. It certainly doesn't taste like an orange.
I think it's nasty! It's all sickly sweet. The manufacturer must load it up with sugar.
I am going to start my own taste test contest and see which I like best.
What kind do you think is best? I think I like the cheap stuff that is in the canned goods aisle. 100 % unsweetened orange juice in a can, no name brand. At least what is in the can is what it says on the label.

5 Comments:

Anonymous ms cute pants said...

If you're going to by Orange Juice, always get the one with LOTS OF PULP, because that's as natural as it gets. I always get the Tropicana with Lots of Pulp. Don't bother with anything else!

Or you could always buy oranges & squeeze to make your own!

December 13, 2009 11:36 AM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I have the one with Lots of Pulp!

I also noticed on the label 22 grams of sugar per serving! You can barely dissolve 22 grams of sugar in a glass of water!

December 13, 2009 12:41 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

It kinda make the label a lie eh? 100% pure orange juice should be JUST THAT with no additives, and certainly NO SUGAR!

December 13, 2009 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Simply Orange. Expensive, but not a bad deal when on sale. It's as pure as it gets.

December 13, 2009 9:02 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

I like the "lite" or "carb friendly" types of o.j. They taste more like real o.j. than the other stuff. You're right. There's so much sugar in that stuff.

December 14, 2009 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home