Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Long Live Taco Bell

The Founder of Taco Bell died very recently. Taco Bell is my favorite fast food restaurant, in fact, now that I think about it, it's the only fast food restaurant I like at all.

Glen W. Bell Jr., founder of the Taco Bell chain, died Saturday night at his home in Rancho Santa Fe. He was 86. In 1978, he sold his 868 Taco Bell restaurants to PepsiCo for $125 million in stock. He had suffered from Parkinson’s disease for three decades before he died.


You can see the influence of the big corporation owning the business. All the new fancy weird combos and things like 7 Layer Burritos and fried stuff. After so long, it seems odd to call them new. But I remember when Taco Bell just had Tacos and Burritos basically. My favorite things there are still the things that were on Mr. Bells original menu. Gimme gimme a half a dozen plain ol tacos please!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Well, that is just weird. I totally had a craving for The Bell yesterday and it was SO GOOD! Most certainly one of my favorite fast food places!! And SO CHEAP!

January 19, 2010 10:06 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I remember when it was just a basic taco joint too! It was much better!

I'll bet what killed him was the invention of the "Taco Bell Diet".

January 19, 2010 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Just had to come back and say that I am eating Taco Bell for lunch AGAIN today!

January 19, 2010 11:45 AM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

I love me some Taco Bell too cuz I can get just about anything on the menu made vegetarian!


I really find it hard to believe you eat fast food at all!

January 19, 2010 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home