Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Yesterday

Sucked.
It was my first day back at work, and it was really hard to get in the groove. In fact, I don't think I got in the groove till I got back home after work.

Yesterday, I found out I had to fill out an application form for my job. In Cayman, when your job contract is up, or your work permit expires, the employer is required to advertise the position. My position has been advertised every year or two for the 13 years I've been here. But I never had to re-apply before.
So yesterday, I received an email dated May 20th, saying I had to re-apply. I was on vacation since the 13th. The application was due May 31st...
My boss said was because of the new Personnel Law from 2005, revised in 2006.
Wonder why I didn't have to fill out an application in 2008 when my contract expired?

Anyway, I got it all filled out, and am turning it in today. It's a pretty comprehensive job application.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

Well, here's hoping you get YOUR job!

June 09, 2010 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home