Sunday, December 12, 2010

Good Party

The party last night was a success. The food was great. The beef was good! I would have liked a titch rarer, but it had a little pink in it. I think I mentioned earlier that I developed a theory that my meat thermometer is about 20 degrees off, I think it's more like 10. The tenderloin was good, no doubt about it. I cooked it a new way. First, I cranked up the grill to full power. The temp was saying 450 when I put the beef on. Closed the lid, and turned it after 5 minutes. 5 minutes later that, I turned off the two center burners, and lowered the outside to about the middle. The grill was hovering about 350, but I don't really trust that thermometer. After about 30 minutes, I started checking the beef with the meat thermometer. Then let it sit for about 15 minutes before you cut it. This lets the juices get reabsorbed by the meat. I didn't do this, I waited about 5 and should have waited longer. When I cut it, the juice poured out on the tray, and the beef was just a little dry.
The Wife will post pics when she wakes up, I am sure. Not of the beef, of the party!
Don't quit reading now! I posted two posts today, look beeelow for a videeeo! (Hey! that rhymes)

2 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I love meat..very very rare meat..I'd make a good zombie..

December 13, 2010 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your party was a hit! Meat sounds yummy! I like my meat med. well. No bloody pink. I used to when I was younger. Next party New Years Eve!! ...debbie

December 14, 2010 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home