Friday, October 21, 2011

Orionid meteor shower

If you live somewhere you can see the sky, (here apparently you cannot) the Orionid meteor shower going on, and the best time to observe it should be this weekend. The Orionids generally begin on October 15 and end on October 29, with maximum generally occurring during the morning hours of October 20-22. The Orionids are barely detectable on the beginning and ending dates, but observers in the Northern Hemisphere will see around 20 meteors per hour at maximum, while observers in the Southern Hemisphere will see around 40 meteors per hour.

Read the article from where I stole this information here.

Location of the Orionids
For Northern Hemisphere Observers

For Southern Hemisphere Observers

On a different note, here it is still raining. Overnight my cold changed status from "going away" to "Very Bad". Last night was a horrid night, the bedroom air felt like freezing razor blades, under the blanket was molten fire, and nothing in between.
This morning, took the dogs for a walk and got soaked. The rain was almost horizontal. Just what I needed. Anyway, I'm grumpy and crabby. And nobody commented yesterday on my excellent post.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

Awwww you must have caught my cold!
Condolences mate.

I will go and check out yesterday's post now! lol

October 21, 2011 2:38 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

think babs and i are going out later on and see if we can see anything..
get well soon. colds suck

October 21, 2011 8:08 PM  
Blogger Shrinky said...

Awwww, poor baby, (you guys really know how to suffer so much more than we mere women) least I can do is go check out your last post! Hope you are on the mend soon.

I shall definitely check out the skies - tho' we've been blanketed under thick cloud all week, but I live in hope..

October 22, 2011 5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We never get a good view of any sky showers - it's always cloudy on that particular day or days. Never fails. Sorry yor feelin' icky. Not supposed to walk the dogs in the rain silly....not sure why I didn't see yesterdays post. I know I couln't get in to comment on a lot of the posts...wish blogger would get that fixed. It's very frustrating...debbie

October 22, 2011 8:51 AM  
Blogger jean said...

Man! you had it ruff, all right. I know what you mean about the cold blades and hot fire. Eee.

October 24, 2011 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home