Friday, August 26, 2005

Woke up this morning..

Due to an alarm clock failure, I overslept this morning and did not get up at 5. Luckily, my backup alarm went off at 5:30 and here I am. (What an ass! Who the heck has a backup alarm!??)
I'm glad it's Friday. Today is my last day (for now) of doing the station logs, The girl will be back Monday. I was just starting to get the hang of it! Today the work is trebeled because I have to do all weekends and Mondays logs.
I was walking the dog this morning and noticed the roosters crowing. Here is is a pretty constant din in the background, because there is so many wild chickens. I hardly notice it anymore, but if I'm ever on the phone outside, the person on the other end almost always says something.
This morning my coffee came out good. Yesterday I ran out of coffee and had to use my backup coffee. (What kind of moron has backup coffee!?!?) it's this old coffee in the back of the fridge that is really old. This morning I'm drinking new coffee.
Today I feel like everything I say sounds stupid. Did that sound stupid? It sounded stupid to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jona said...

It sounds funny to me :o) and I think it's brilliant you have backup alarms and coffee! I have backup tea and sugar - some things are just too important to take chances with ;o)

August 26, 2005 6:54 AM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

A backup alarm and backup coffee? You are just TOO prepared! Throw them both out of the window!

August 26, 2005 8:07 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

No, you are not stupid. But I do think it's kind of funny that you prepare so much for the possibilities that things will go wrong.

August 26, 2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

rebreather diver = redundancy
Gotta always have a backup.
I have ANOTHER alarm that goes off at 7. I could STILL make it to work on time.

August 26, 2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Mark, you are too funny. Don't feel bad, I have three alarms to make sure I get up in the morning. I keep back-up stuff too, things I bought and didn't like but I keep it just in case I run out of the good stuff.

August 26, 2005 10:51 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

You are so funny! And no, you do not sound stupid at all. I believe in keeping backups, especially coffee. Although I never thought of having a backup alarm. Good idea. :)

August 26, 2005 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home