Friday, September 30, 2005

Three Quarters

This afternoon I go to the Brac. The weather is not good for flying in the little plane. It's sure to be a bumpy ride. I decided to just take open circuit scuba gear, not my rebreather on the trip.
I had my raincoat with me yesterday, so this weather is not my fault. It never rains when I have my raincoat. I was commenting about this to one of my co-workers and she confessed, it was her fault. She left her raincoat at home. It's ok, I like it when I get to wear my raincoat every once in a while!
I'm off work today but I have to get ready for the trip. Plus it's too nasty to go to the beach or anything.

Today is September 30th, the year is exactly three quarters gone. Every quarter, I like to reflect on the year and see how I'm doing. Did you make any new years resolutions? How are you doing on them? I made a couple, and I must confess, I'm not doing too well on mine. Mine were:

1) Always chew my food with my mouth open, as noisily as possible.
2) End each and every sentence that comes out of my mouth with the word "shithead".

It's frustrating when we don't do as well and we intended on our resolutions, but we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves over them. We can only resolve to do better next year!

What were your new years resolutions? How are you doing on them?


7 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

I don't make new year's resolutions. When I decide to make a change I do it right then and there. Why wait for the calendar to change before you change your life? :)

September 30, 2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

I'm doing so well with my resolutions that I don't even remember if I made any!

Have a wonderful trip!

September 30, 2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

This is strange... would you believe I just looked at my written new year's resolutions yesterday? Sad to say, none of them have been kept. This year is going by waaaaay to fast.

September 30, 2005 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son's very first word was "shitbag" thanks to his grandmother.

September 30, 2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

I am finding it hard to believe that this year is almost over. As far as resolutions go, eh, who cares? I thought yours were funny though.

September 30, 2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger Aliecat said...

If I were to make a new years resolution it would be: "to smoke and bitch as much as possible." Cuz, at least, it's something I can actually achieve!

October 01, 2005 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men hver kampanjer, samtidig andre hele veien igjennom Washington, fortsatt synes når du må være sliter som har av hvilken metode for deg å snakk om en bransje ditt overdriver enten at gode ting eller dårlige ting om kapitalismen. [url=http://www.nikefreesnorge.com]nike shox[/url]
? ¡Ayour jobb som president er normalt for å virkelig type felles gode, ¡À Biden sa vises i Keene, NH ¡ãThat ikke ¡¥ t bety hvem private-equity gutta finner skurkene, de ¡¥ re men ikke . Men som synes å ikke mer kvalifiserer du som ville være president enn være egen rørlegger .? ¡À [url=http://www.nikenorgenettbutikk.com]nike sko[/url]
Romney ¡¥ r energi via Bain Capital blitt en viktig keystone Mest typisk assosiert med hans politiske persona: at definerer at kandidat som prøver slik at du kan unngå å bli definert nær hans rikdom, hans liberale hjemstat slekt med Massachusetts også kjent som hans Mormon religion.
http://www.nikenorgenettbutikk.com

May 30, 2012 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home