Friday, January 05, 2007

Heartbeat city

I almost got in a wreck this morning. Here, they have these vans that act as busses. this morning I was driving past one that was stopped, turn signal on towards the curb, letting off (or picking up) passengers. As I was starting to go past, the turn signal switched directions, indicating the bus was coming back on the road and at the same time the bus driver popped the clutch and leapt out right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and locked up the wheels and pulled out into the center lane to keep from hitting his side.
It's been a half hour and my heart is still hammering.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Glad you're okay!

January 05, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger jenn14 said...

Hi, I came to back to my blog, I'm glad u still are writting. Life got on the way so it has been hard for me. Ok, wanna say Happy new year and come visit my blog from time to time.

January 05, 2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger schmikey said...

I'm glad everything worked out OK! Nothing beats a close call in jump starting your day.

I just have to say it's too bad I found your blog after my trip to the island. I've been reading for two months now, but found it 2 days after my return. I could have at least asked some questions.

January 06, 2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger Cindy N. said...

The jerk! I am sure he probably looked at you like YOU were the one in the wrong!

January 07, 2007 4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home