Monday, July 09, 2007

I want to get in the SEA!

Today I have an appointment to have my dressing changed. It will be the first time seeing my new scar. Since I can't drive, I'm taking the bus, which on this island, is a mini van. How I'm going to get from the bus to the hospital is anybodies guess, I rekkon the OI Girl could leave work and take me. What a hassle this no driving stuff is. I guess I could walk the hundred million miles from the bus to the hospital. Can't drive, but it's OK to walk a hundred million miles!
Also the doctor told me I can't get my wound wet for a week. That means crappy showers. Hoseoffs, really. Once I can get it wet, I'm getting in the SEA! I can't wait for that.
I'm really glad I got the operation done right away. I have a friend who's got a similar thing and is putting it off.
Also, I notice in the car, when the OI Girl is driving, I'm very sensitive to bumps and sharp turns and stuff. I think that if we were all more sensitive in this way, we'd all be better drivers. With this thing on my side, I think a crash would hurt like hell, I realize that even without this thing on my side, a crash'd still hurt like hell, but I don't seem as aware of it usually.
Very interesting!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you keep improving -- there's nothing worse than being down for the count bodily, when your brain is ready to get out and do something.

July 09, 2007 1:24 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Yay, glad your home and feeling better! Sorry about OI stealing the dog. That has happened here in my house as well. I stole Bri's dog. Oh well! The sea will be there when you're done healing.

July 09, 2007 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny "I guess I could walk the hundred million miles from the bus to the hospital. Can't drive, but it's OK to walk a hundred million miles!"

Sucks when you have to rely on others to get around!

So did ya walk a hundred million miles?

July 09, 2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

So, how'd it go? Is your scar cool? Or gross? ;)

July 10, 2007 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home