Thursday, August 23, 2007

High blood pressure

Yesterday I started taking medication for high blood pressure. I had been under investigation, checking regularly for a couple of months, and it's been high every time. It started when I went to give blood and was rejected because my pressure was too high. It's always been borderline but I've never been rejected giving blood. The high limit is 130/80 and I'm almost always in the 130-140s and the 90's-100's. Sometimes a little higher.
So from now on, when they ask "are you on any medication?" I can't say "NO" anymore.
(I hope it doesn't affect my ability to get a woodie, but I'm not too worried, NOTHING can stop that!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

HA! You crack me up!
(and hooray for you for trying to give blood, most men I know are too chicken!)

August 23, 2007 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that giving blood's actually good for hypertensive ppl, so don't stop!

August 23, 2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger Daisy Martin said...

I take blood pressure meds Mark and I don't want to scare you, but I've never had a woodie in my life.

August 26, 2007 9:18 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

I take BP meds too. So, we're imperfect. Here's to good wood!!!

August 27, 2007 8:23 PM  
Blogger Cindy N. said...

Yeah Woodie! Glad to know that's not affected. Yet at least. Like Daisy said, I never had one so my BP meds must have affected me differently from you. But you CAN still give blood. I do!

September 03, 2007 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home