Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Defect discovered

I love the movie, 'The Incredibles'. I own the DVD and watch it not infrequently.
Saturday, I discovered a defect in the movie. Here's the problem, Syndrome didn't know Mr. Incredible was married to Elastigirl, or that they had kids. He expressed surprise at discovering this when he caught them on his island. Then he sends his robot to destroy the town, gets knocked out, and the Incredibles save the day. So, he wakes up and goes and takes Jack Jack hostage. My question is, how did he know about Jack Jack?
I am very disappoited to realize this defect in the plot. Marring my image of perfection.

On the other hand, Galaxy Quest truly is an absolutely perfect movie!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes he knew...He does find out! It's there in the movie, but I'll have to watch it again to pinpoint exactly when.

Pssht Galaxy Quest has got nothing on The Incredibles. NOTHING!

October 14, 2008 10:06 AM  
Blogger Mindie said...

Oh, Mark.
Lol.

October 14, 2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger wanbli said...

Now I need to watch the Incredibles, to find that out. :)

have a nice day

October 14, 2008 3:15 PM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Ms Cute Pants,
I can assume Syndrome knew Mr Incredible had a wife and three kids, from the pre-island surveillance, just not known the wife was Elastigirl...

Mindy, What!?!??!

Wanbli, Yes, you must watch The Incredibles!!

October 15, 2008 8:00 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I've never seen it and I'm mucho confused.

October 15, 2008 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have The Incredibles, as well, and never realized that. Huh!

October 16, 2008 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home