Thursday, January 29, 2009

Trouble on the home front

The OI Girl and I were supposed to get married on Cayman Brac May 9th. Hurricane Paloma wrecked the hotel. The hotel was supposed to be fixed in time for the wedding. On her trip to Miami last weekend, the OI Girl found out the hotel wasn't going to be ready in time. She kind of planned the wedding in Costa Rica with her relatives while she was in Miami. She was mad at me because she didn't know what I wanted for our Costa Rica wedding. She said she felt like she was in it by herself. Night before last she hit me with it hard. Just like old times with the EX wife.
We had the whole thing planned out for Cayman Brac, she thinks she can completely change the plans without talking to me about it, then get mad when I don't agree?
Nope.

I thought about it for a day, and told her last night that anything we both don't agree on 100%, then it's no deal, I told her I don't want to get married in Costa Rica.

I also told her I wanted a preunptial agreement concerning my two houses. There's too much old stuff in that conversation night before last. The planning everything without consulting me, the cutting off of my family, who can come here on a drivers license but will need a passport to go to CR. The trying to hound me and force me into getting married in CR. The guilt trip saying she felt like she was in it all by herself. That I didn't tell her 'Good Luck' when she went to find a wedding dress.

She made a phone call, then she wouldn't get married with a prenup. Then she left. I called her girlfriend and was told she was on her way over there to spend the night.

Here's a fact, it's a joke but true. "A man marries a woman, hoping she'll stay the same and she changes. A woman marries a man, hoping he'll change and he stays the same."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica ,

Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.Costa-RicaRealEstate.com
 
 
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
The best vacations in Costa Rica: costa rica real estate, Costa Rica Hotels ,costa rica Rent a Car. Visit us for more information at: http://www.costaricaindex.com
 
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The best vacations in Costa Rica: COSTA RICA RENT A CAR, Costa Rica Hotels , COSTA RICA REAL ESTATE. Visit us for more information at: http://www.costaricaindex.com

January 29, 2009 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SMOKE ON THE WATER! MAYDAY MAYDAY

1. read your "about me"
2. read your post "bad timing"

I see how it went downhill, bro

comic relief comes with the spam costa rica advert!

January 29, 2009 4:41 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Two harsh comments! That blows!

My man troubles exist because I have the opposite problem from that quote. I get into a relationship with someone hoping that they will never change and they ALWAYS do.

*sigh* Why does it have to be so complicated?!

February 02, 2009 7:15 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I totally agree with the quote, MarkD. Good one.

February 04, 2009 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marriage changes some things for the better and some things for the worse. Sort of a toss up if you ask me.

February 14, 2009 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home