Saturday, August 08, 2009

Fridays Pics on Saturday Morning

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Yesterday I went out to get price quotes for a fence for my yard, then stopped by my secret beach. Months ago, I saw an old aluminum umbrella holder abandoned in the sand. I figured if it was still there, I'd take it. It would be good for a tikki torch. It wasn't there anymore, but as I was leaving, I heard all this squawking, and found either two tiny parrots or two giant parakeets in a tree. Cayman Parrots have spot on their cheeks, these have no spots. (Top photo)
Then I stopped by
Sunset House and had a cigar at the pool. It seems Cathy Church has a new boat, that to me, looks quite nice. Hence the second photo. Looks like a sailboat with no mast.
The planes landing at Owen Roberts Airport fly almost directly overhead at Sunset House. I took pics of the bottom of somebodys private jet. Photo 3.

Last night was a great night for sleeping, it was very breezy and cool. Even though, I feel kind of cranky and in a bad mood this morning. We'll see what coffee, a shower and a bicycle ride to the beach do for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mindie said...

I'm sure the sunshine will cheer you up! Have a great day, and I love your pics! As always...

August 08, 2009 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those birds are Monk Parakeets also called Quaker Parrots. Here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_parakeet

They may great pets by the way. We have had one for about 10 years. He can say many words and phrases.

L

August 11, 2009 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home