Sunday, April 11, 2010

I beat my wife up every day (usually)

Today was the Kiwanis 5K Dog walk. The dogs loved it! They knew something unusual was going on first thing in the morning when The Wife beat me up. I usually beat my wife up every day, even on weekends. (I get up at about 5:15 and she usually gets up around 7-ish.)

Then when we both went out with them for the morning walk, the dawgs KNEW something was up and could not contain their excitement!
I won't mention the joy of getting in the car! The thrill of the car ride, and the incredible rush of the painted dashes on the road flashing by as a dawg hung his or her head out of a window on either side of the car!!
The start

Dawgs walking their walkers

Sheba loved these pools and sat in every one!

Ditto, Sheba and their Mommmmma near the end!

It was really fun and we won a bag of Doggie treats in a raffle at the end!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

OMG I am laughing my head off!
I read "I beat my wife up every day" and thought... you actually HIT your wife every day!
Derrrrr.
Love the photos, particularly of Sheba in the cooling off pools!

April 12, 2010 2:17 AM  
Blogger Nola said...

Yeah, good play on words!! My dogs have a swimming pool and they absolutely love it!! One of those clamshell ones. You can use both sides but one side doubles as a lid if you don't want them in there...or one side sand, one side water etc. I got that sort because they are tough, rigid plastic and the dog claws don't hurt them. I think you should actively start trying to source one for your Sheba!!!

April 12, 2010 2:40 AM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I would never hit a girl.

And I'd like to get a pool for Sheba, can you post pics?

April 21, 2010 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home