Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Goodbye to the Sony Walkman

Sony has announced it has finally retired the Walkman cassette tape player, marking the end of one of the most successful consumer gadgets of all time.
Above is a picture of a Sony Walkman like I had in the early 1980's. (except mine was black, not blue) I will never forget listening to music in my bunk on my ship in the Navy. Before that, if you wanted to crank some tunes, you needed a gigantic stereo.
This Sony was all metal and well built. It was a great device. It was the beginning of the portable music era.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had a walkman. Only thing I had, which was way before you were BORN, was a transister radio. My sister and I got them for Christmas and we thought we were the COOLIST OF THE COOL!! How time flies! Now, I'm getting a Blue Ray and havent the foggiest idea what it is other than a CD player...debbie

October 27, 2010 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home