Saturday, January 08, 2011

Zorin


As you have been reading, I switched from Windows to Linux Ubuntu on one computer. I got many comments, several who said try Linux Mint. Well, I wanted to re-install Linux so that I could give it a bigger partition (and windows a smaller one), so I installed Mint. I didn't like it, I didn't like the way it looked for one thing. I thought it looked better than Ubuntu at first, after a while I didn't like it, and it made me like Ubuntus look more. Number two, I would install an astronomy program, Stellarium, and then it wasn't there. I'd install it again, and it just wasn't there. I can't explain it. It seemed like it was installing properly. That happened with another program, Penguin Freecell too, I believe. I never spent much time trying to figure out what was going wrong, I just got rid if it.
Then I heard about a Linux program called Zorin Lite. I installed it, and I like it, pretty much. One thing I don't like, is that it has "enhanced security" which means I have to enter my username and password. I was bitching before about just having to enter my password.
Anyway, I'm testing it now, but I think Zorin will be the one I keep.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jks said...

500 different Linux distributions, but nobody has the time to fix some of the structural problems that have been around for 40 years now.

But hey, Mark, where off SMB was the Kittiwake sunk? Cemetery Beach? West Bay public?
How far out? Beyond the reef?

January 08, 2011 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine using anything but windows. I guess I'm scared too. I use my computer now for recreation since I retired from Real Estate....debbie

January 09, 2011 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home