Saturday, June 18, 2011

ANOTHER New Camera

I'm pretty sure, that if you searched this blog for "New Camera", you'd get several hits. I lost one, the airlines lost one, and one broke, twice. So now I have yet another new camera.
Nikon Coolpix s9100

I like it so far, I really do. I've had it less than 24 hours. The frikking camera is tiny, but has an 18x zoom.
The panorama feature rocks, you set it on panorama, then it tells you to turn the camera 180 (or 360) degrees and it takes a great shot. Click pic to enlarge.
I also like that it has a slow motion movie function. It can take 240 frames per second, and makes a cool slow motion movie out of it. I can't wait to try this out more.

It has a mode for taking pictures under very low light conditions, you press and hold the shutter, wait several seconds for the image to show up on the display, release the shutter, and it takes several seconds to process the image, but it works in almost total darkness. It is cool, have to try it more.
Here's some random pictures.
My poor poor Coconut Tree, more commonly called a Palm Tree
Elephant Ears
Our entertainment center, taken using one of the special effects.

I'll tell you what I don't like: The camera IS the charger, and the camera won't work when it's plugged in. The charger is the USB port on a computer.
In movie mode, you cannot zoom while recording a movie. My old camera let you zoom. Once you've had it, it's hard to get by without it. But I don't take that many movies anyway, and I think the slow motion mode will make up for it.
I hate the software, it installs a bunch of crap you don't want. It installs Nikon Free trial shortcuts in your start menu, it installs Quick Time, which I hate and have an alternate program for, and it installs an Arcsoft panorama program. I have never liked Arcsoft programs, once you put an Arcsoft product on your computer, you'll never get it off. I ran the CD and then spent half a day taking everything off. The Acrsoft still shows up on the Add/Remove programs menu, and the program has been uninstalled.
If you buy one of these cameras, don't even put that damn disc in your computer!
I don't want to sound negative though, I DO like the camera
94544

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mad Bull said...

Nice review. Perhaps there is one of these in my future! I just have to lose my present camera!

June 18, 2011 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home