Saturday, September 03, 2011

Post Entitled: "It's Not Leroy" or, "Another Pool of Blood"

Five minutes after my Wife left for work yesterday, she called me, distraught. A cat ran under her car and got hit. I rushed to the scene, a block away, and there was the cat in the road, in a pool of blood, exactly like the guy I found a couple of months ago. The cat was breathing, fast and shallow, but didn't look squished anywhere. I had a towel, and put the cat on it, and took him to the vet. My wife said it was our cat Leroy, and I thought it was too, till yesterday evening, when I fed the cats and all 6 were there, including Leroy. So, it's not Leroy. The injured cat's not out of the woods yet, he (or she) took a serious hit to the head, bleeding from the nose and a big blood teardrop when I picked him up. But in my gut I think the cat will be OK. I'm glad I took the cat to the vet, and I'm glad it wasn't Leroy. I'll pay and let the cat go. I'm glad the cat didn't lay in the road unconscious till the next car came and squished him.

See a pic of the 'Not Leroy' cat in the vet's office
HERE.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Carnealian said...

Aw poor Not Leroy! I'm so glad you helped him. I hope he's ok! Keep us posted!! Poor Sol. I would have lost it if that was me.

September 03, 2011 6:48 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

your a good man charlie brown.

September 04, 2011 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH you are wonderful!! I can just imagine how your poor wife felt! I ran over a rabbit once and cried forever. So nice of you to take it too the vets. Do you think anyone own's it? Are there a lot of stray cats on your Island? You are such a good fella to feeding those you do feed and taking care of Leroy 2...debbie

September 04, 2011 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home