Friday, January 13, 2012

The Other Instructions

Yesterday I started assembling the 12 foot (that's big!) Satellite dish. The instructions that were in the box were kinda lame. They said, basically, assemble the reflector assembly as shown in figure 2.1. Assemble the mounting assembly as shown it figure 2.1. Figure 2.1 was a picture of the dish.
I put it together, because this aint my first rodeo, but there were leftover parts, not in figure 2.1. I knew where they went, but since they weren't in figure 2.1, I left them out, knowing as Arnold said in Terminator, Ahlll Be Bock!
So this morning I downloaded and printed the "Other Instructions". They show all the steps to assembly and I will finish up the dish today.
Except the concrete pad and the pole for the dish aren't there yet. So I'll leave the dish there laying on the ground, all pretty.

Also Happy Friday the 13th! You know the guy in the pic below is happy today!
Friday the 13ths are usually lucky days for me!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really have to ask you why you bought a 12 foot dish, when the new ones are only about 2 feet? and sit on top of the house?? ...debbie

January 13, 2012 8:47 AM  
Blogger Deech said...

Well...good luck with that. If you get a chance, post a pic because I am trying to envision that in my mind and it is just not working.

Maybe it's because I just need more coffee...

January 13, 2012 9:54 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

i think that setting up my own satelite dish would scare me...

January 13, 2012 2:44 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

How typical, a man only needs half the instructions and gets it right!
IF I had all the instructions, and step by step pictures, you can be sure I'd get it wrong!

January 13, 2012 7:27 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

OH I see Slyde visits you! How did you find him?
I have read his blog for years, yet I have NO IDEA how I came across him!

January 13, 2012 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I've long maintained that instructions and instruction manuals are generally written in Swahili by hamsters and then loosely translated into English by disinterested Maine Coon cats...or something like that.

January 16, 2012 11:01 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

Friday the 13th is always my lucky day..

January 16, 2012 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home