Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Almost missed it

I had to work early this morning. I almost missed it. I went to bed last night and didn't even think about it. then this morning the alarm went off and I lazily hit the snoze then all of a sudden, it hit me! Broadcast at 7:30! I popped tall, got showered, shaved and coffeed and out the door. Now I'm ready for a second broadcast. I got the equipment set up and I'm sitting in this cofee place on the second floor and I can see where the RC van is parked and I have about 30 mins before we go on the air.
I'm really getting pissed at my boss. I was on vacation last week. Before I even left he asked me to change my dates so I caould work. I ended up cutting two days off the front of my vacation. Then he starts calling while I'm in vacation and wants me to come back a day early. Which I did.
Now As I've already mentioned, The OI Girl is coming this weekend. I have secured the weekend off. Yesterday, by boss started pinging for me to come in and work Saturday. I told him no. I have plans. He said I could let her sleep in and it's only in the morning and I could bring her with me and on and on. I said no. The conversation ended with him asking me to think about it. I said no. I hope he's not confused, that he thinks maybe I'll work Saturday, cause I won't.

Yesterday was real nice. After work I took my dog for a beach walk and ran into some old neighbors of mine from when I lived on Boggy Sand Road. We talked and talked till the sun went down. It seems like, (and I've said this before) that once I get home, I end up staying home. I always plan on going out but then things happen, I get lazy, check the email, check the blog, or take a nap or something. Then I get the idea that it's too late to go out and I stay in. It was great to get out, it always is. I should never go home! (But I gotta walk the dog after work)
Anyway, we go on the air in about 10 minutes so I gotta get going.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

It is nice to get out. I try to take Vincent to the park a few nights a week. But since I do so much of my work at home, I end up on the computer too much in the evenings. Stick with your guns on the weekend thing. Take the day off and enjoy your time with your guest.

October 12, 2005 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about staying in once you are home. It is such an effort to get out of the house once I am in.

October 12, 2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Hold firm and don't go in to work on Saturday! One they think you'll back down that's it...

October 12, 2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home