Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Exhaustificated

I got a call last night at 12:20, we were off the air. I got up, drove to the station, got my tools and keys, drove to the transmitter, fixed it, went back to the station, dropped everything off, came home, went to bed about 2:30. Then at 5AM the alarm went off, and now it's back to work.
Why doesn't the equipment ever fail in the daytime? Why always must it be at night?
Anyway, the problem I found when I went out there is that the AC quit working. I'll be out there again this morning, waiting on the AC repairman.
I've already put in two hours today, I hope I get to take off early!
Yahooo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

I hate getting out of bed in the middle of the night...for anything. But to actually have to get out of bed and leave the house?!? I think you deserve a raise!

November 29, 2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger K. said...

I used to carry a pager for my job supporting computer batch processing for a major corp. The thing would undoubtably go off at midnight just as I was falling asleep.

November 29, 2005 9:29 AM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

maybe you should take your keys and tools home with you at night...then it will never fail at night...except the one time you forget to bring them home with you!

November 29, 2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I like your title. ;^)

November 29, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Sorry you had to go to work so late - especially after returning from vacay! That sucks! I agree with chesneygirl - take the tools home!!!!

November 29, 2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger ShooShoo said...

[Shudder] ...At the thought of getting up so stinkin early at all! Let alone after having had to get up and be out in the middle of the night. :/ I hope you were able to get off early and get some R&R.

November 30, 2005 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home