Sunday, November 27, 2005

I don't love the internet these days

I haven't really felt like being on the internet, before my Yahoo ID got HIJACKED, I loved it.
Let me explain what happened. I received an email on my "alternate address" that my password had been successfully changed, and it might take 24 hours to take effect. I never changed my email address. The email was legitimate, it was really from Yahoo, and I immediately tried to logon an was told my password was incorrect. I don't really believe someone figured out my password and changed it, I think somehow Yahoo, the machine, changed it accidently.
I opened that account a long time ago, 1997. Yahoo started in 96 I think. It wasn't my main email, but it was important, because of messenger, and because I had all my addresses there, and some important files that were saved as email attachments. That way I could access them from anywhere.
I try to retrieve the password and get a message saying my personal information, (Birthdate and zip code) are incorrect. I don't think that should be happening, except I can't exactly remember what I put for zip code. My house, my parents house, I dunno. I didn't use my real last name, I used a D or a D60, but can't remember for sure.
So I don't think I'll be able to get my account back, and I've had the blues all day about it. There seems to be no humans that work at Yahoo, all I get are automated responses. Maybe Monday there will be a human response, but how can I proove who I am? I don't remember what I filled in the blanks with that day 8 years ago when I opened the account.
Bummer
Anyway, today I've been feeling like I lost the whole internet, not just an email account, and my Flickr account, which is associated with Yahoo. I don't even feel like turning on the computer.
Waaa waaa! Sob sob!

4 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Wow, that really sucks! I hope you get it all figured out soon so you don't lose all of your info you had saved. I think I opened my Yahoo account around the time you did and have often let it lag way past the time they normally would've just deleted the account and have always been able to get it back up and running. Hopefully someone with an answer will contact you soon!

November 27, 2005 10:21 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I hate it Mark! Losing your access to Yahoo sucks -- I use it too and would hate it if that happened to me. So many things tied to that account like you. Hang in there - maybe the whole situation will work itself out - I sure hope so! ;) Cheer up - your blog buddies are still here for ya!

November 27, 2005 10:37 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I feel your pain, MarkD. What's happening to this world? Automation run amok (is that how you spell that word?!). What I hate is (and I've done this twice now) when I call to get information (specifically, our balance owed on an auto loan) and I go through tons of automation to finally speak to an actual human, who then tells me they can't give me the info because it's in my husband's name! I've actually called back, gotten a different human, said I was my husband and they happily gave me the balance! Sheesh.

November 27, 2005 11:15 PM  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I really hope that it gets figured out so you don't lose all of your info. Good luck with that and glad to have you back. I hope you had a good vacation at least.

November 28, 2005 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home