Sunday, March 12, 2006

Good news and bad

I went diving yesterday and it was great! It seemed like everyone was hiding on this dive. I took a lot of pics and here's a few:
click to enlarge
the eel was hiding in his hole


the Boxfish was hiding behind a piece of coral and I spent 5 minutes playing roun de round with him to get the shot.


and the green and red fish was hiding behind the elephants ear (orange) sponge.

The bad news is that a good friend of mine was killed in a car crash. She is the Carnival girl who was in my November post from Pirates week. Her picture is here. A couple of years ago, she was also the hostess of the talk show I do every Wednesday. I knew her really well and just saw her on Thursday and talked to her for a long time. She was looking for a job and I talked to her about getting one in our sales department. She told me about her boyfriend. It was her boyfriend who was speeding and ran into a parked car. She was one of the most perfect people anyone could ever imagine, only about 17 years old. It is a real tragedy.
Anyway...

6 Comments:

Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Mark. Did the boyfriend die in the crash, too?

March 12, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

no, but I dont think he's regained consciousness.

March 12, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

How very sad about your friend. And to run into a parked car - sounds like there is more to that story. What a tragedy.

March 12, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

That's so sad about you friend. And such a young, beautiful woman. She must have done her work here and was needed elsewhere.

Your pictures as always are just beautiful. I would think they would sell well as postcards!!

March 12, 2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I was thinking that there should have been two posts. I was going to change it but didn't because I already had comments

March 13, 2006 5:43 AM  
Blogger ShooShoo said...

Mark, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. How tragic. I lost one of my best friends, just 3 days older than me, when I was 18. Also in a car crash... It just seems so unimaginable when someone is that young.

I do love your pictures. Awesome, as always.

March 15, 2006 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home