Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm at my Mothers house, typing this on my phone. Hopefully I can email it.
Arriving in the US was like landing in a third world country. Fort
Lauderdale airport was very disappointing. We went thru security to make
our connection and the terminal was dirty, overcowded and had totally
insufficent food and seating facilities. There was only one "food stand", a
Nathans Hot Dogs, and it was filthy. The coffee was full of "floaties"
(cockroach shit?) I took it back. A teeny bag of french fries weighed
(seriously) about two pounds from the grease. Poison. That bag was like
holding a 2 pound scuba weight. The vents on the Coke mchine were clogged
with dust and the employees bad attitudes were self evident. Horrible.
Intolerable. That's Terminal H at Fort Lauderdale Airport. Beware!
Arriving in DC has been an improvement. We usually use Baltimore, but this
time we landed at Washington National (the people from here will never call
it Reagan National). BWI is better, but this was OK. It was way past my
bedtime when we finally got to my Moms. I got some funny looks because the
OI Girl was handling the luggage, while I just stood there, a cripple.
Yesterday my Mom took us all over. Shopping. The OI Girl bought a new
purse, a cool hat and clothes.
I bought a new laptop, (but I'm typing this from my phone, in bed.) It is a
sweet laptop, another Toshiba, dual core Intel processor, 13.3 inch screen
with a fingerprint reader and webcam all built in. It has Windows Vista,
which will take a little getting used to. But I really like it.
Today is the unvieling of my Fathers tombstone, then the OI Girl and my Mom
will tour DC a little while I go see an old Navy buddy of mine. One of my
oldest friends. We've been outta touch for over 10 years. Its going to be
great!
Yesterday I threw away my bandage and had my first real shower in a week. I
haven't shown the OI Girl my scar yet. I'm afraid she's going to be shocked.
Tomorrow we head to Ohio.
___
***

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a lot of phone-typing! even with a treo.

missed wishing you a hbd, so i'll wish that all the rest of the days this year are happy.

July 13, 2007 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... on your phone? That takes some dedication!!

My new computer is a toshiba (w/fingerprint reader and vista)
I love it!!!
:)

July 13, 2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm impressed too. Your normal posts aren't that long! Hope you had fun with your old Navy buddy.

July 13, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger Snowbear said...

Continue to enjoy your site; I'm impressed with all the texting from a cell phone to compose this entry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, mine was the 12th!

July 13, 2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Mindie said...

She won't be shocked--just show her! I'm glad you have recuperated so well. Have fun with your old friend!

July 13, 2007 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahrzeit. Sorry again for your loss Mark.

Hope the rest of your trip is nice.

July 13, 2007 7:21 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

I haven't been to the Ft. Lauderdale airport in a while. I'm sorry to hear it's in such bad shape. Come to PA and visit us! Have fun whatever you do!

July 14, 2007 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home