Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Full Circle

I removed Zorin, and put Ubuntu back on, and I'm sticking with it. Ubuntu version 10.10 Netbook.
I started with Ubuntu, I messed it up trying to install Veetle player. People said I'd probably like Linux Mint better, so I tried it. I didn't really like it. Then I found Linux Zorin 4 Lite. I tried it, but it seemed like it was missing a lot of stuff, like a search my computer function. And the software manager showed me all these programs that were supposedly installed, but I couldn't find them. SO I switched back to Ubuntu on my netbook.

All I can say is, don't be afraid to try it. You can install it from a CD and test it out without changing anything on your computer. Just make the CD, then boot from the CD. After you like it, you can install it on your hard drive, again without changing anything on your Windows. You'll get a screen when your computer boots up, asking if you want to load Windows or Ubuntu (you can do this for any of the Linux's)

Linux isn't Windows. Linux is different, so don't expect it to be Windows. And Linux is older than Windows... Linux came from Unix, which was created in the 1960's. It is still around and still a very big and powerful Operating System

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds scary to me. Think I'll just stick with windows. I hate it when my computer won't work and I'd hate learning a new server? Is that what it is a server? or just programs?? at any rate, too much for me I"m sure....debbie

January 12, 2011 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home