Monday, March 07, 2011

Must Read: THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PYJAMAS

I read this book in its entirety yesterday. It is a book I couldn't put down. It is written through the eyes of Bruno, a 9 year old boy who is the son of a high ranking Nazi in WW2. His father moves his family from Berlin to "Out-With" after getting promoted by the "Fury". Bruno doesn't like it because it's not as nice as Berlin and there is no one to play with. Then he meets a boy exactly his age from the other side of the fence. They develop a very strong friendship, which Bruno keeps secret from his family.
There's no blood and guts in the book, but the overall picture is pretty shocking. It's an easy read, you will finish in a couple hours. Absolute must-read.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

I'll have to get that book to read on the plane next week. :)

Also, I don't know why it says I post my blogs so early...I usually post them between 6:30 and 7:00 am, not 3:30 am!

March 07, 2011 7:48 AM  
Blogger redgirl said...

Guess im gonna have to make a trip to the library

March 07, 2011 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard about this book. It was on "The View" some time ago. Will have to pull it up on my Nook. ...debbie

March 07, 2011 9:10 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I think there is a movie about this too?
Or I've seen a preview of the book... but yes, I will want to read it.

March 07, 2011 10:43 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

will go on my yafta read list..

March 08, 2011 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home