Wednesday, April 27, 2011

day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere.

When I was in the Navy, on my first ship, there was a little room, called Aux Radio. It was kind of like a graveyard for old equipment. We found an 8-Track tape player, there and there was only one tape, Nazareth, Hair Of The Dog. Out at sea, we couldn't pick up any radio stations, and we listened to this album over, and over and over... So, this song reminds me of being in Aux Radio, out to sea, on board the USS Somers DDG 34.
Also, when this was new, my friend had a purple 1973 AMC Gremlin, and we used to listen to this song in that car. It also reminds me of being in that car.
This song, and this album, have a LOT of memories for me.
Nazareth, Hair Of The Dog, Whiskey Drinkin' Woman
Nazareth Whiskey Drinkin' Woman

USS Somers ~ 1982

AMC Gremlin, ~ 1970

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mark for posting that song...kick ass!!!

May 25, 2012 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home