Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SUMMER SOLSTICE

This picture has nothing to do with the Solstice
Today, at 12:16 local time (That's 5:16 UCT) Is the summer solstice. I wonder if "summer" is correctly part of the scientific phrase because in the southern hemisphere, it'd be winter.
It is the first day of summer, it is also the longest day. Since the days start getting shorter, Don't you think this should be the middle day of summer? Doesn't it make sense to have the longest day in the middle of summer?
Chris over at Diet Coke Rocks can be happy today, Although there it's the first day of winter, today marks the beginning of the journey to summertime, with each day getting longer.

I notice that the plants notice the change in the length of days much more than I do.

I feel kind of mushy and sentimental today, I guess it's probably my Wifes fault. When I met her I was tough as nails. Now I'm only tough as snails. She also softened up my killer attack dog, Ditto. He was a ferocious monster, now he's "cute" and "Adorable". Disgusting.
94864

3 Comments:

Blogger Island Woman MJ said...

I just found your blog! Fun (well, except for some stories like the sharks being killed for that swimmer...not only should it not count, she should be weighed and measured on the docks).

Happy Summer Solstice!

June 21, 2011 8:01 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

i wanted to wake up early today to put eggs on their ends.. i think my son would have gotten a kick out of it, but in the end i couldnt get myself up that early.

maybe next solstace..

June 21, 2011 10:40 AM  
Blogger Elettra said...

Have a nice summer !!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2011 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home