Sunday, September 04, 2011

More on the cat

I went to visit the cat yesterday. What a cutie. I probably spent an hour there. The cat seemed to like me! Hopefully he'll be coming home today or tomorrow. Since his name obviously isn't Leroy, I'm looking for another name. He has very intricate stripes and two spots on the top/back of his head, like a cobras hood. I'm thinking about re-naming him Mir, as in miracle. Mir is also a Russian word that means "Peace" and "Earth".

When I told the tale to The Wife, she said "Uh-Oh!". She knows I'm hooked!


Of course, he may be someones cat, and when I bring him here he just may run home and we'll never see him again.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning, feeling like the only person on earth I'm too old for this shit. I'm the same as I was 25 years ago, looking for a job 'fixing things', I haven't grown or moved up a bit. I still don't know what I want to do or what I want to "be when I grow up", I'm just doing this because it's what I've always done, and it's what I think my father wanted. I wish that cat was here, now it the time to hold a purring cat in your lap.

6 Comments:

Blogger God's Little People said...

Mark, he looks like such a gorgeous cat and I truly hope he makes it (I did so feel for Mariasol, that is such a bloody horrible experience). And that is a perfect name. I will pray for him and look forward to an update.
Don't mean to sound like a wise-ass, but don't get too bugged down by the feeling of being too old for this shit. Just imagine how many millions of people sit with that feeling today. There's a whole web of depressed people out there and when you plug in to that web there's a black hole that just wants to swallow you (I do know the feeling myself!!). It's exactly a moment like that where one needs a cat in ones lap. You've got no idea how my rescue cats have rescued my life.

September 04, 2011 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Carnealuan said...

Oh good! Take him home and love him! You can never have to many pets! Thanks for caring enough to take him to the hospital!!

September 04, 2011 6:02 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

what a beautiful cat..looks like my friend barbara's cat tina. she surrived the hurricane Ike so thought Tina was a fitting name.

September 04, 2011 7:44 AM  
Blogger Shrinky said...

A very fitting name for such a gorgeous creature - and yes, the curative powers of a purring cat on ones lap is beyond measure!

And don't buy into that myth, the truth is NONE of us ever grow up, we only grow older..

September 04, 2011 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Mad Bull said...

I look at the cat and I think "Egypt".

Re that feeling, its almost exactly how I'm feeling now. Don't let it get to you too much.

Think about all the things you have done and continue to do that other people wish they were doing. All that diving and geocaching and living in beautiful West Bay with a beautiful wife, two lovely dogs and ? cat(s).

You have a lot going on that many others wish they had!

Be happy. I'm not sure what I want to do when I grow up either, by the way...

September 04, 2011 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mir is a cute little guy, but he looks like he doesn't feel too well. Makes me sad looking at the litte fellow. I thought you had a job plus the business you started? I guess if your not happy with your life, you always have the option to change it. Perhaps they need help where your wife works?!...debbie

September 04, 2011 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home