Monday, February 20, 2012

I wasn't going to say anything

I've been having such a hard time with this satellite dish. I quit talking about it, I was going crazy. I couldn't get the signal to lock on. Then I found out that there is no signal. We are not in the footprint of the signal from the satellite.
The little red tick in the pic above shows where the satellite is, as it orbits over the equator, the earth turns, and makes the satellite always stay above the same spot on Earths surface. The pictures above and below show the areas where the satellite transmits it's signal. It is called the 'footprint'. As you can see in the pic below, Cayman is not in the footprint.
I've been kicking myself in the ass. Calling myself incompetent. Losing sleep. Growing zits. Thinking God is punishing me. Worrying about the customer wanting money back. Putting myself through hell.
Dammit

6 Comments:

Anonymous Mad Bull said...

That sucks. Sorry, man. So What is the cliient going to do now? Have they lost all the money they have invested in the project?

February 21, 2012 6:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, what now?

February 21, 2012 7:36 AM  
Blogger Shrinky said...

Ugh, how INFURIATING, I can only imagine the frustration you must be feeling. You poor thing, I really do hope there is an alternative solution to this. Good luck, hon.

February 21, 2012 7:46 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

oh no..that's terrible..you would think the person that sold it to them would have alerted them to this..sorry sweetie.

February 21, 2012 6:34 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Oh man, Mark, that is a real bummer. I mean that : (

February 22, 2012 4:05 PM  
Blogger Deech said...

Well, you are getting it fixed right? By the way, It's Margarita day. Go inside and get a margarita...

February 22, 2012 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home