Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Word Verification

Sometime last week (or this one) Blogger changed their word verification program. I remember when they started the old one, back in 2005, you can see my old post about it HERE. When IT came out, it was bad, but Blogger eventually sorted it out so it was usable..

Now this new one is worse than anything. As a rule, I can never read the word in the "'blob". Below are some examples, taken from my comments on your blogs!
Is 1890 a word? Are either a word?


What's that first letter? A small B off in the white? Is that three "f's"? Sorry I "asked"

This one, you can see I got wrong, but Blogger accepted it anyway!

This one has a comma at the end, do I put that in? And WTF is over that 'e' in the second word? Is that called a freekin Tilda?? Don't I need a Spanish keyboard for a tilda??!!

How can I prove I'm not a robot by typing words that aren't words and using keys that I don't have on my keyboard? C'mon Blogger.

9 Comments:

Blogger God's Little People said...

Seems Blogger has a user problem they're not even aware of. Someone sent me a link to this post today:

http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com/2012/02/word-verification-woes.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRunaroundRanchReport+%28The+Run*A*Round+Ranch+Report%29

- you'll be in like-minded company over there. This word verification drives me to distration.

February 18, 2012 10:19 AM  
Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

It usually takes me a few times to get it right. It's so annoying!

February 18, 2012 2:14 PM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I turned my word verification off, at least till I get a spam problem....

February 18, 2012 2:43 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I committed on someone's blog and eventually had to quit..I never could print out what the fuck it said..makes me nuts.

February 18, 2012 9:19 PM  
Blogger Island Woman MJ said...

Maybe it's just me, but the fluorescent colors are really hard for me to read...

February 19, 2012 5:09 AM  
Blogger redgirl said...

I wonder if being drunk would help.

February 19, 2012 4:07 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I've actually been keeping track of my "record" at correctly decoding the word verifications.

I'm currently at 62.5 percent. Although I just started today. So that's bound to go down.

February 19, 2012 7:57 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Ugh, I know exactly what you're talking of, Mark. Somebody's brain is fried in Bloggerville. I'm going to check and see if my verification is off, too, just so it doesn't drive my visitors who comment climbing walls.

February 21, 2012 6:11 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Right with ya on this one!
It sucks.
And sometimes you can type the 'words' wrong and it accepts them, and sometimes NOT.
Stupid blogger, fix it!!!

February 25, 2012 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home