Wednesday, April 11, 2012

UWPW: Under Water Pictures Wednesday

These are some pictures from day before yesterday. I hope you like them.
Pink Vase Sponge. I turned the flash on for this shot.

Juvenile Spotted Drum barely bigger than your thumbnail. The other two little clear fish are very common, like flies on a horse farm. I don't know what they are called.

This yellow and purple dude lives under ledges. I've been trying to get a really good shot of one, this ain't it

Last time I posted a picture of one of these, I said I used to know what they are called but forgot. Someone commented and told me the species, but I forgot again. Fiddler Crab?

Garden Eels. These look out of their sand houses at you, and as you get closer they slowly back down into their holes.

A.Yellow.Fish.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Haunted said...

Great pics, Mark. I wish I could see some of that stuff. I don't know what that one thing is but it's def not a fiddler crab.

April 11, 2012 6:41 AM  
Blogger jean said...

Love the pink sponge. Those fish in #2 look like some kind of ocean bottom crawling fish. Purple and yellow fish are eye catching, even in slightly blurry photos. #4 looks like a big, scary sea spider to me. Now, let's talk fascinating. I've never heard of garden eels before. Something new for me. Yep. A. Yellow. Fish. Nice ocean tour.

April 11, 2012 10:26 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

underwater beauty.

April 11, 2012 8:37 PM  
Blogger Deech said...

What a wonderful Back Yard you have.

April 12, 2012 10:34 AM  
Blogger Candy's daily Dandy said...

OMG Mark!!!
I fricken love your pictures.
SSSSOOOOOO beautiful.

April 12, 2012 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home