Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Boring Assed Flower Pictures

Last week, one of our cactus's grew a flower. It took about two days for this giant stalk to grow our of the cactus, then in one night, the flower opened, and the next morning was wilted and dead. You could look at the flower, and then look again 15 minutes later and see a difference in growth. It was way cool.


This afternoon The Wife and I are taking off for a little third anniversary honeymoon vacation. Two days at an undisclosed location. However, I will be checking this blog, and if you DON'T leave a comment, I'll know about it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Only three years? You newlyweds! We just celebrated four :-D

May 01, 2012 7:06 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Haha. Happy anniversary. And I like the title of this post. It really drew me in.

May 01, 2012 5:15 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

sort of looks like a passion flower..so pretty..go knock boots..we'll keep the home fires burning for you.

May 01, 2012 9:42 PM  
Blogger Island Woman MJ said...

Have a wonderful celebration! And the last photo was not boring assed...too bad you couldn't do a time lapse, cactus flowers rock for their showiness and poof they are there, poof they are goneness.

May 02, 2012 7:33 AM  
Blogger jean said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!!! Many more!! The cactus flower is GORGEOUS! There! I left a comment. Now, go have fun with your wife.

May 02, 2012 8:36 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh we're waiting on one of those cactus flower things! I think...maybe I should go outside & make sure we didn't already miss it. :-) Happy anniversary!

May 02, 2012 9:57 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

That is an awesome flower... and I hope you two are having a lovely time.

May 02, 2012 4:14 PM  
Blogger Candy's daily Dandy said...

I have never seen anything like that before. Very cool. the cactus must be happy.

Happy Anniversary.
enjoy your little get away..

May 03, 2012 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home