Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Check Your Facebook email address

Facebook has changed it's users default email address without permission. Again I say, they are going down the tubes. I remember I noticed I had a Facebook email address, but couldn't access it. I still don't know how to access it. Back then, I emailed myself and never received the email sent to my Facebook email account. Maybe it would work now, but now I don't want it.

Anthony Mullen, interactive marketing analyst at Forrester Research said:
your email is a proxy for your identity on the internet and Facebook wants to usurp people's pre-existing email identities with their own to help drive up traffic to its site and lock users into its service. Facebook has acted without asking for members' permission first.
Read the article here on the BBC, or do an internet search on the subject.
Also I have a question for you fellow bloggers. When posting, next to the text color is background color, the button looks like a highlighter pen. How thee hell do you turn that off? I spend more time in HTML mode removing the background color tags than I spend posting my post. Blogger, like Facebook, is getting worse and worse. Wordpress is looking better and better.

3 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

facebook is seriously pissing me off..bastids.

June 27, 2012 3:40 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I have no idea about the background colour thing... I have never used it.
As for Facebook... I would not be unhappy if it died a natural death.

June 27, 2012 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I hate accidently hitting that highlight thingie!! You just click on it and it will go away....debbie.

June 27, 2012 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home