Thursday, December 22, 2005

Heimlich maneuver

This morning I have to be at work early. I'm leaving here at 6.
Yesterday I was working on my busted up satellite dish and the ladder tipped over. I fell pretty hard and almost broke my leg and hurt my ribs. Basically I landed on my left side and my whole left side hurts. Last night in bed I couldn't do anything but lay on my back. I couldn't roll over or lay on my side. Getting up and laying down was painful.
Then when I got home yesterday, I was eating some fried chicken and I almost choked to death. I was thinking "This is very dry. I need something to drink". I got up and didn't make it to the fridge before I started choking and if I was in public, someone would have tried the Heimlich maneuver on me. It was disgusting.
I slept really good last night and I feel a lot better this morning.
I never did get to buy that tick treatment yesterday. Today I will for sure, because tomorrow the exterminator is coming, although I haven't seen any ticks yesterday or yet today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

First ticks, now choking and falling off of a ladder. Your week can only get better, right?

December 22, 2005 8:20 AM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Good Lord Mark! You're falling apart! See, you should never eat alone or stand on ladders without a spotter. Call me next time huh?

December 22, 2005 8:50 AM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

BE CAREFUL!

December 22, 2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Everytime I see or hear the word Heimlich I giggle. It's because of that stupid "Hind-lick" joke. I'm sure you've heard it. Seriously though, that had to be scary. That will teach you not to eat dry chicken!

Ticks? I am getting itchy just thinking about them. I was at my mother in laws house once. After e had gone out in the woods and came back I found a tick on me. I was getting in the shower when I found it. I ran out of the bathroom naked screaming. I was embarrased afterwards, but at the time it was happening I just wanted that tick off.

December 22, 2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

OUCH! Sorry about your fall Mark -- glad to hear you're some better but I hope the soarness goes away real soon!

December 22, 2005 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home