Monday, April 10, 2006

Again, with the word verification

I went a couple of months, and every time I typed in one of those word verification things I got it right the first time. I thought I was getting used to it or something. Now, all of a sudden, I can't get them right again. I make absolutley certain and still get it wrong. I gotta say, that word verification is the worst thing about blogger. Other places have 3 characters, or just a word. What is this underwater melted letter crap that Blogger thinks they have to use? It's annoying.

I woke up early this morning. 4:30. I layed there awhile but got up before the alarm. I did some situps and worked out a little with dumbells I bought not too long ago. In my brain, I weighed 175 pounds since high school. Then, for 6 months exactly, in 2003, I took antidepressants and gained weight. I went up to 200 pounds. I've always been the type who could never gain or loose weight, so I thought. A couple of months ago, I was looking at my old scuba cards, and saw that when I got certified (in 1981) I weighed 160. So much for 175 since high school, I'm delusional, lying to myself. So I have slowly, imperceptibly been gaining weight. And I bet it's going to be hard to loose. I want to go down to 180. This crap of coming home, "just for a second" then staying has got to go. My self discipline has gone in the gutter. I used to walk the beach, the whole Seven Mile Beach, every weekend. I seldom do that any more. Lame whining that I can't find a dive buddy. Also I notice that I started sitting around at night, surfing the net or watching a movie, eating chips and crap and I'm not even hungry. Standing in front of the fridge, aware I'm not hungry, but wanting something to eat, just for something to do. All this will change. You read my blog and think I go to the beach a lot, but nowhere near as much as I used to. I used to live there. for years, I swam every day before work. (then I quit after I was swimming in total darkness and got stung in the face by a jellyfish and had to call an ambulance for myself). So anyway, my behavior has changed, and I think if I change it back things will get better.

Dang this is a long post, is anybody reading this crap?


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading your crap (and BTW it's not crap ;o)), but if you were at the beach, then you wouldn't be here, and I'd be sorry, so don't change too much!

April 10, 2006 6:56 AM  
Blogger K. said...

ahh, another post about word verification! I was wondering when that would happen again. ;)

April 10, 2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger mox said...

I used to be a lot more active, too, but then my life sort of got in the way. I could be a total gym rat if I had the time.

April 10, 2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Awww.....I'm with you on the weight loss thang. It happens to the best of us!!! I lost weight when I was on the antidepressants a few years back. Kinda wish I was still on them just for the weight loss (sad, so sad, I know).

I'm scared to death to take any of these "rapid weight loss" things like REV or whatever. I'm on hypertension medication (thanks mom and dad!) and am scared I'll have a coronary if I speed the heartrate up any more than it already is!

Damn word verification. What a bunch of crap. Hang in there...oh, my word verification was pretty good btw, no prob!

April 10, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Yep, we're reading. What are you doing sitting here typing all this - get to the beach and walk and swim!!! :)

April 10, 2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Yea, that eating for the fun of it kills ya every time. I always think, if I had great weather I'd be out in it all the time. But, we all get lazy. That's just the way it is.

April 10, 2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Yes.


fazrx

April 10, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Ah, WV. I despise it and so far, have managed to avoid having to put it on my blog to counteract spam.I just delete to odd stray comment.
Perhaps you need to set out a routine for yourself for a little while?

April 11, 2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger Evening Silk said...

I get up around 4 every morning and write...I want to learn to snorkel...I really like your blog :)

April 13, 2006 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home