Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Another Wednesday

I feel like I'm repeating myself every week. It's Wednesday, split shift day. I'm looking forward to a long beach lunch. Yesterday for my lunchtime beach walk I found some nice shells.

This morning for my dog walk I noticed that Venus and Mercury were very close together. I got out my binoculars and looked. It was cool, you could see the crescent shape of each. (Only planets closer to the sun than Earth can ever give you that crescent shape) Mercury is the planet closest to the sun, and usually it is too close to the sun to see. You can only see it right after sunset or right before sunrise.


Here is an excellent website I found last night. It is BBC 'The Sky At Night' television programs you can watch. If you look near the top of the page, there is a place it says "you are here>" If you click there, you can find a lot more of their science programs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Do the nice conch shells wash up on shore there? I remember finding some on Assategue Island when I was a teen, there wre like hundreds of them on the section that you can only get to by 4 wheel drive. I've never found any since, sadly.

August 09, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

The only shells that wash ashore are ususlly teeny tiny, but you can find some good ones after a storm.

August 10, 2006 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home