Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sad News in Stapler City


This is a very old memory, stupid but true. When I was a little kid, I wanted a stapler. I remember wanting one, knowing I didn't really need one, (I could use my Moms), but I wanted one and asked. I remember seeing the WTF?? look in her face, but she came home with a stapler for me very soon after that. I think this is 1964 or 1965.

So, I've had this stapler since then, I left it home when I was in the Navy, but other than that, I've had my stapler with me wherever I went and loved it from the moment I got it.

Now, I can't find staples for it. I've been looking for staples for years. I am now running low on my last box. It's a bad reason to need to buy a new stapler.
I have an empty staple box, and an almost empty stapler. Yesterday.... I bought a new one.
The old one cost less than two dollars, the new one cost almost twenty-five.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mark, that's really sad. Did you try an Office supply store or google? There HAS to be some SOMEWHERE!! I hope you'll keep your little green stapler...boo to the new one... :o( ...debbie

February 11, 2011 9:02 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

oh kay..google..did you google?..you can find all sorts of shit when you google..trust me..google..
in my house I would have used it to make a flower arrangement..ha

February 11, 2011 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home