Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Amanda Knox

I have heard, like everybody else, about Amanda Knox being acquitted and freed and finally going home.

I looked for the smaller headlines, about Merideth Kerchers familys reaction.

It's a pity for them, because now the killer is four years gone.

Very often, when there is a crime, the police would rather knowingly convict the wrong person and declare the case solved, than not solve the case.

When I was in the Navy, I got busted for pot. Somebody found pot in the bathroom and I got busted for it. It wasn't mine.
There was a paper that listed my charges, and said I was aware of what I was being charged with and signing it was not an admission of guilt. After I signed, the cops (NIS Agents) applied a typed decal above my signature on the form, over the charges section, with different charges on it. I never DID get to read that paper I signed. The law enforcement processing me was totally corrupt and crooked. Looking back, I would have played my cards a whole lot differently. At that time I just wanted to put it behind me and not get kicked out of the Navy.
Nobody ever cared or found out whose pot it really was in the bathroom.

So, I don't really trust the police. Many times I think they're crookeder that the crooks. I believe they can seldom make a conviction without breaking the law themselves.

And I don't trust the media, especially the US news agencies. They just want ratings and to make money.

I don't think anybody can figure out what happened in the Amanda Knox case by reading the news on the internet. Maybe she did it, and the cops got busted in court for using illegal tactics in the arrest/investigation. Or the cops knew she didn't do it all along and let the real killer slip away while they tried to make an easy bust.

That's my take on it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your take on things. People always accuse me of always having a conspiracy theory behind everything. But, I agree that the days of doing a job like police work for the integrity of it are gone.

And I also agree that there is no such thing as completely in biased reporting. Everyone has an agenda.

October 04, 2011 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you were wrongly accused. You did what you thought was best at the time. "Don't anqusih over past mistakes - Today comes but once my criend, so use it wisely while you can - there's a lesson you may learn..." quote from my favorite Poem "Tofay".

I personally think she and her boyfriend were not quilty and am glad to see they were acquitted of the crime. I feel sorry for the parents of the killed girl. I hope they came come to grips with the police not doing their jobs and trying to frame these two kids.

October 04, 2011 12:08 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I'm sure there are some good cops out there but, anymore, there seem more bad ones than good. Too many people have been wrongly accused and some put to death only to find out later how lousy the justice system worked for those poor people. For me, I don't believe what I hear about someone unless there is actual proven fact or I was there myself.

October 04, 2011 12:31 PM  
Blogger Slyde said...

that was probably MY pot.

sorry.

October 04, 2011 12:55 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Two letters: O.J. For every "right" there is a "wrong" it seems.

Slyde: That was MINE dammit!:)

October 04, 2011 2:28 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

like my friend shady lane says, if your an american student in a foreign country and wake to find your room mate kilted...catch the next flight home.

October 05, 2011 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home