Thursday, May 17, 2012

Skippped a day

Me trying to go to sleep.

Me trying to stay awake

I didn't post yesterday, I was debilitated by my insomnia.... Two nights ago, I went to bed at 9:30, and woke up at around 1:30. I got up and was up most of the night, which was fine, because I wasn't tired. Night before last was different. I went to bed at 10, woke at 3 and got up. But I was tired, and felt  exhaustificated. SO I went back to bed and was wide awake. So I got up... Boom. Instantly exhausted.
Lay down, not sleepy, get up, sleepy. You get the idea. 
The dawn was strange yesterday because there was no growing glow from the east. Just an increasing grayness over the whole sky. There was a huge catfight downstairs, I went down to check it out and when I came back upstairs, I could tell it was getting light. Then when it got pretty light, I laid down for the zillionth time, and I think I passed out unconscious, because The Wife went to work without saying goodbye.
Last night I went to bed at 11:30, and seemed to sleep all right.
Anyway, that's my excuse for not posting yesterday. I like to post every day except only maybe on weekends.

Above and below are pictures of a bird from over a week ago. If you click on them to see the large view, you can see his amazing color. Dazzling.
Tomorrow is Friday. If you stay up past midnight tonight, it will be Friday, and it will be night. Friday Night. Then, after work Friday, it will get dark again and will still be Friday. You can get two Friday nights if you play your cards right!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Like the bird - a tri-color heron?

May 17, 2012 7:31 AM  
Blogger Jihan said...

Haha, my husband has the same problem with sleeping.

May 17, 2012 8:48 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Insomnia's the worst! Well, OK, I'm sure there are a few worse things, but it's not fun. I had a night a few weeks ago when I couldn't get to sleep until 2. Have to get up for work at 5:30. Again. Not. Fun.

Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often.

May 17, 2012 3:06 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I wonder what you can do for that insomnia?
Perhaps if it gets really bad all the time you could get something from your doctor to help you sleep? There in nothing worse than sleep deprivation.

May 17, 2012 4:43 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

did you ever try melatonin? I can't remember .it works for me

May 17, 2012 8:40 PM  
Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

Sorry you have sleep problems. I only have trouble sleeping once in a while. Most of the time I sleep like a log.

May 17, 2012 8:56 PM  
Blogger Island Woman MJ said...

Agreeing with the melatonin, liquid is better than the tablets but they work...sometimes. I make some chamomile tea, do some melatonin drops and pick up the most boring book possible. It doesn't always help, the other night I didn't go to sleep until 5:30 a.m. So I'm WAY into any tricks to sleep...no caffeine after morning, etc. etc.

Beautiful bird photos!

May 18, 2012 7:17 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

dang I didn't know it came in liquid..need to go to the health store and see what they have.

May 18, 2012 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, Sleepless Nights
Can Be a Thing of the Past
...... or its Free

Discover the Pharmacist Approved Formula that is guranteed to promote Your restful sleep, naturally! Just go to http://www.ambitrol.net, for more infomation about how you can get a full natural sleep. Ambitrol is simply guaranteed to be 100% effective we have thousand of success cases and we back you up with no question-asked, iron clad money back guarantee.

July 15, 2012 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home