Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Web Is Diluted

Perhaps I should say saturated instead of diluted. 
Yesterday I decided I wanted to watch some ZZ Top Videos. So of course, I went to YouTube and searched for ZZ Top. I got tons of crap. I wanted to see ZZ Top videos, made by ZZ Top. There was so much crap that I could only find a couple. Everyone and their brother has posted a post and called it a ZZ Top video.
First of all, a still image showing while a poorly recorded audio track is playing is NOT a video. YouTube needs to get rid of all of these. That would clean things up a lot.
Secondly, a video of some moron playing air guitar to a ZZ Top song in the bathroom is not a ZZ Top Video.
But it's not just ZZ Top. Literally everything I search for, I find so many BS results that it is difficult to glean the good stuff from the crap.
I was very frustrated looking for ZZ Top videos yesterday. Just like I was frustrated looking for a good skymap the day before...
And that's my rant for today. dammit!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shrinky said...

Sorry, I'm not laughing, well, not really.. My hubby would commend you upon your musical tastes, he loves these guys.

I do tend to agree with you though, more and more, despite my clear search instructions, I'm confronted with a plethora of dross sites to wade through first, before reaching the one I'm seeking. Gets frustrating.

May 19, 2012 8:47 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I know I have the same complaint..you tube needs to thin a bunch of them stupid videos out..just because you can work a video camera doesn't mean your Steven Spielberg.

May 19, 2012 1:07 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I have to agree... there is far to much crap on Youtube that is not what it says it is.
At least when I google Diet Coke Rocks it come up with ME right away! lol

May 19, 2012 10:31 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

There's definitely more and more crap to sift through. But then, once in awhile I'll be looking for a song and the ONLY version on YouTube will be one with a still photograph and audio that sounds like it came from an old 8-track. So they need to keep those!

May 22, 2012 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home