Sunday, September 11, 2005

Technically, all the tonights should be yesterdays

Tonight was a fundraiser for the Hurricane Ivan victims who still need help, a year after Ivan hit. There's still a lot of houses with no roof and a lot of people still need help. We raised almost 2 million dollars. One year ago today, Ivan was bearing down on us really bad. I was at work. I was super lucky, all I got was flooded and I had insurance. Almost everybody on the island lost the roof, got flooded, or both. Hurricane shelters full of people lost the roof. Iven was a recordbreaking storm in several ways. Our peak wind at the airport was 209 MPH.

Almost all the insurance companies ripped everybody off, and as a result, got devalued. I switched to the only one who didn't get devalued. (Not sure devalued is the correct term.)


Here's a pic of me working tonight at the Marriotte. I don't like this pic because I look bug eyed. In real life, I look much cooler. Oh yeah, I think I was on TV. One of the cameramen had a camera on me for a couple of minutes, my boss said he saw me on TV but I didn't.
Click HERE for one of those 180 degree view videos I always do, I'm telling you, this is some boring stuff.

Afterwards, I was driving home and there was nonstop lightning. I tried to take pics of it and this is the best one that I got. It doesn't even come close to the real thing.

Now it's 2:16 in the morning. I am kinda tired. But I don't feel like going to bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I came across your blog and I just wanted to say "hi" to ley you know I stopped in and read through it. Sounds like your fundraiser was a success!

September 11, 2005 2:31 AM  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Black is a good color for you. I think you look great in this picture.

It's good that they are still helping the victims of the hurricane. Too bad about the insurance companies though.

September 11, 2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I don't think this is a bad picture of you!! And I agree with anduin - black IS a good color for you -- goes well with that awesome tan you sport. Congrats on raising so much money - I'm sure we'll be doing the same thing for quite sometime with the victims of Hurricane Katrina here....

September 11, 2005 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home