Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Astronomy

Yesterday and this morning, I've been waking up early. It has been very clear, with the full winter sky out at 4:30 AM. It reminded me that I have missed several astonomy club meetings in a row.
Life is too short. Yesterday I saw the turtle truck parked by the side of the road and knew somebody found a nest. I have wondered in the back of my mind why I wasn't doing it this year. Maybe they don't like me. Remember the Biologist girl I had the crush on?
It doesn't really bother me, the turtle walks always made me late for work.
At the radio camp last weekend, I could hear myself in the background of a lot of their recordings. I sound really mean. When I walk down the street, and I see my reflection in a window, I am often shocked at how mean I look. The way I look and sound does not depict the way I feel.
Most of the time, the inside of my brain seems like it is a mess. I am not sure if I should trust my perception on a lot of things. For example, if I feel insulted, should I let it slide or raise hell? I never know the answer to questions like that. I can't always be sure if I've really been insulted or I just think so. KNow what I mean?
Well, this isn't what I planned on writing about, but Oh well. I'm just kind of rambling.

3 Comments:

Blogger mox said...

I dunno. You seem like a pretty nice guy to me.

I usually let insults slide. I try not to stoop to the insulter's level most of the time. Every once in a while, though, if someone catches me in the right mood... katy bar the door.

August 30, 2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I look mad when I'm not smiling too, so I used to try to smile a lot. Now that the wrinkles are coming on, I'll have to cut that out and just look mean.

August 30, 2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who has a hard time understanding how to take people. Life can be so confusing.

August 30, 2006 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home