Friday, September 23, 2011

Need another 10 feet

In the mornings, from my roof, I can see the cruise ships come in while they are out at sea, but I can't see them when they reach port (Drop anchor) in town. . Yesterday, I took a broomstick, put my camera on the end, stood in a chair, and took a pic whilst holding the camera high as I could over my head. This is with no zoom.
I can see the cruise ships, there's two, and if you click the pic to enlarge, you may see the stacks. But anyway, I think I need another 1o feet to stand on to be able to satisfactorily see town from my roof.

It's Friday, and I'm very glad. I don't know why I'm glad, but I'm glad.

6 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

yeah, I was wondering..why would that make you happy..you can see them..? they can see you..

September 23, 2011 9:38 AM  
Blogger redgirl said...

you just need a really tall ladder. fridays are awesome days.

September 23, 2011 11:49 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Clearly you need to add another story on top of your house, THEN a rooftop patio!

September 23, 2011 9:27 PM  
Blogger jean said...

I clicked the photo and think I saw the smoke stacks. I think :) A rooftop patio sounds good. Is that a little timber cottage going up in construction? It's rather cute. At first, I thought it was your house.

September 24, 2011 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new house next door is nothing but a cabin!! I was surprised! Pretty View from way up high! Have a good weekend!...debbie

September 24, 2011 10:31 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Standing on a chair can be a really bad idea...or at least the janitors of every school I've ever worked in has highly discouraged/banned it. Although I've always been ok until I tried to stand on the arms of a light office chair...

Anyway, neat picture!

September 24, 2011 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home