Friday, October 28, 2011

Blog about the Blog

I really like my live traffic feed widget that I put on my sidebar not too long ago. It gives me a lot of information that I couldn't get otherwise, like what posts get the most hits, presumably from showing up on search engines.
The biggest repeats seem to be:
UPS Whoops Fed Ex's Butt
A Movie Called Red
Linux Ubuntu
I got the free widget, of course.


Also I really like the Shoutmix Chat widget, again vit the free one.
it's cool, but not too many people use it, and you have to beware of spammers. On this blog, I don't get any spam, but on my CayTronics page, I get tons and have to delete them daily, which is very very easy. I don't know why I get so much spam there and so little here.....

I just wish people used it more.

AND I love my Shark widget!
If there's something wrong with your computer Sharky can get really slow, and is a good quick performance check.

Blogging is hard, sometimes frustrating work. Sometimes I post a post, then I wait a really really really long time, like 5 whole minutes!!!! Then I come back and look and I STILL don't have any comments, so it's good to have little toys to play with when you spend your days hitting reload.
reload.
reload.
reload.
Waiting for comments!

Have a good weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shrinky said...

Hahahaha, you too? I am such a shameless comment Junkie, there are times I actually take my laptop to bed with me, just to check for any new comment should I happen to wake up in the dead of night (how sad am I?)!!

Hubby thinks (okay, knows) I'm nuts.

October 28, 2011 7:21 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

LOL five whole minutes! That made me giggle!! :)

I visit every day, but read through Google Reader...wonder if that shows up...?

It will show up today cause I have to click out of Google Reader to make a comment.

October 28, 2011 8:24 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

What pisses me off and it really does ..I read over 60 blogs and comment on almost all of them..and I get like 10 people to comment..I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to comment on the peoples blog that also comment..grumble grumble.

October 28, 2011 10:39 AM  
Blogger jean said...

Okay...here's another comment for you. And, this post is funny. Honest. It made me laugh and I actually learned something about widgets. Honest...again. May you receive many...no...tons more, comments.

October 28, 2011 11:46 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I never sit and wait for comments!!
I like the live traffic thingee... might even put it on my blog...Have a great weekend.

October 28, 2011 3:39 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh look! There's me!!!! I actually typed to the end. It's pretty long. :-)

Funny on the five minutes!!! And the shark thing is pretty neat.

October 29, 2011 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home