Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TV Show "Bones" and Jonathan Adams

The Wife and I really like the TV show "Bones". We downloaded all the entire seasons and watched them all.

I think the show is going downhill, but don't get me wrong, I still like it. It's going down slow, not fast, but I predict it will be suddenly canceled.

The TV show is based on a book about a real anthropologist, so indirectly it would seem to be based on reality and the things that happen in the show should be earthly possible. But that's not what I'm getting at.

Now, it the most recent season, the two main characters, Bones and Booth are romantically involved. She's pregnant and the show is going more and more unbelievable. But that's not what I'm getting at.
What I'm getting at is at the beginning of the second season, one of the best characters, The Boss, Dr Goodman, played by Jonathan Adams, didn't come back. This was the beginning of the shows descent. The Lab got a new boss, Camille, (far right in the picture above). Shes a good actress, but her character is so whiny. She is always throwing in something like "don't forget I'm the boss" at the end of practically every sentence and it's frankly, quite annoying. She constantly reminds everyone she's the boss because she's not the boss.

Jonathan Adams, Dr Daniel Goodman, was THEE boss. No arguing, no questions asked, he handles it. Comparatively, Dr Camille is a weeny, irritating and petty from the start.

I don't know why Jonathan didn't come back for season two. I hope he didn't get screwed. I think his departure sprang the first leak that will eventually sink the Bones TV series boat. Dr Camille is just leaky, no way she could hold the position as boss in real life. Letting Booth and Bones become romantical is another leak in the boat. What's biggest leak in the boat is the drift away from being believable.

Anyway, the point of this post: I like the show, I liked Dr Goodman, Dr Camille is an annoying crybaby. Plus for other reasons, the show is going in a non sustainable direction. But I still like it. I think it will be gone after the next season or two.

I observe again and again the same phenomenon in life, people make a good thing, then they mess with it and mess with till it's all messed up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

I only ever watched Bones a couple of times (odd as it is nearly my namesake). But when I saw the previews that the two lead characters had gotten together and were having a baby, I knew it was near the end. That's a series killer.

March 27, 2012 8:27 AM  
Blogger sunshine said...

Everything in real life as well as TV life has a life spam. I am sure that actors/actresses sometimes wanna move to something different or better and that's probably why the show is heading in that direction.

By the way I just read on the news yesterday that a new episode is coming out in 2 weeks, can't wait to watch it!

March 27, 2012 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never watched Bones. Haven't the foggiest idea what it's about. But my mom really likes it and many of my friends. Not sure why I don't - guess something I like is on at the same time....debbie

March 27, 2012 5:53 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I liked the books so much..so when the show came on I was glad..then I watched the show..le fuck..
I like the books better.

March 27, 2012 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home